What is Lupus?
- Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a person's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue, cells and organs.
- Skin rashes
- Severe joint inflammation
- Muscle pain,
- Organ failure
- That is still unknown but research suggest it is caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
- 1.5 million Americans suffer from Lupus
- 90% of people who has Lupus are women
- African American women are 3x likely to get Lupus than Caucasian women
- Latinos tend to have the most aggressive disease activity
For more information about Lupus visit www.lupusresearch.org
Prevent, Treat, Cure